- Welcome to the trading at Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) which has begun today on Tuesday, August 17, 2021.
- Today trading started at DSE with a mixed but positive movement from the beginning.
- At DSE, trading has been ongoing with the following trading period: Pre-Opening Session from 9:45 AM to 10:00 AM, Continuous Session from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM and Post-Closing Session from 2:30 PM to 2:45 PM.
- The market started today with a positive movement with a as DSEX dropped below 6784.44 points by 10:20 AM.
- Moment later, market started to fall and DSEX fall to 6754.56 points by 11:07 AM.
- But market bounced back strongly and by 11:24 AM DSEX reached 6775.5 points.
- After that market continued to rise and kept breaking records as by 1:06 PM, DSEX reached 6790.71 points and kept rising steadily.
- Now 2:45 PM, after Post-Closing session, at the end of today’s (Tuesday, August 17, 2021) trading, DSEX, the key index of the Dhaka Stock Exchange reached new high of 6787.16732 points with a gain of 38.24493 points or +0.56668% at the end of today’s session.
- At the end of today’s trading, Market Turnover has decreased and closed over Taka 2,670 crore range (Taka 26,734.976 mn). It has decresed by over Taka 280 crore (Taka 2,804.293 mn) , -9.49344% from previous day’s turnover of Taka 29,539.269 mn.
- Today a total of 374 company’s shares were traded. Among which prices have increased for 192 companies, prices have decreased for 174 companies and 8 companies have seen its prices remained unchanged.
- Today’s SECTORwise trading at DSE have seen again BANK sector topped with over 17% of today’s market share followed by TEXTILE sector.
- BEXIMCO has topped the list for highest traded shares in terms of total traded value of Taka 1,078.6810 mn followed by IFIC (Taka 1,002.6740 mn) and LANKABAFIN (Taka 965.1810 mn).
- FIRSTSBANK has topped the list of most % price change with 10% price increase followed by DGIC (9.906%), GBBPOWER (9.863%), STYLECRAFT (9.838%), SBACBANK (9.774%), SONARBAINS (9.743%) and STANDBANKL (9.677%) price increases.
- The extension of the ceiling to provide margin loans at 1:0.8 ratio upto 8,000 points has strengthened the investor’s confidence in the ongoing upward momentum of the index.
- Bangladesh Bank’s issuance of BB Bills worth BDT 86.75 billion and the directive to increase interest rate on deposits around inflation in a bid to absorb the excess liquidity in the banking system may channel some of the funds to money market from the capital market.
That’s all from today’s market. See you on the next day.
Till then Good Bye. Thank You.