- Welcome to the trading at Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) which has begun today on Monday, August 23, 2021.
- Today trading started at DSE with a upward movement from the beginning.
- At DSE, trading has been ongoing with the following trading period: Pre-Opening Session from 9:45 AM to 10:00 AM, Continuous Session from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM and Post-Closing Session from 2:30 PM to 2:45 PM.
- Today market started with a sharp rising for first few minutes and by 10:07 AM DSEX raised to 6877.05 points.
- After that market experienced slight ups and down but rose to 6886.92 points by 10:46 AM.
- But moments later market started to fall sharply and DSEX fall to 6843.1 points by 11:26 AM.
- Shortly after that market started to recover, initially sharply but then gradually and by 12:50 PM DSEX recovered to 6879.4 points.
- After that, from 1:00 PM market moved positively sidewise but after 1:40 PM market started to fall and by 2:00 PM DSEX fall to 6867.95 points.
- Market continued to fall till 2:17 PM as by then DSEX was at 6858.72 points.
- Now 2:45 PM, after Post-Closing session, at the end of today’s (Monday, August 23, 2021) trading, DSEX, the key index of Dhaka Stock Exchange, charged up 20.18211 points or 0.29496% to end at 6862.41480 points on the bourse today.
- At the end of today’s trading, Market Turnover has increased and closed over Taka 2,770 crore range (Taka 27,748.101 mn). It has increased by over Taka 68 crore (Taka 684.920 mn) , +2.53082% from previous day’s turnover of Taka 27,063.181 mn.
- Today a total of 376 company’s shares were traded. Among which prices have increased for 166 companies, prices have decreased for 183 companies and 27 companies have seen its prices remained unchanged.
- Today’s SECTORwise trading at DSE have seen again FUEL & POWER sector topped with over 17% of today’s market share followed by TEXTILE sector.
- BEXIMCO has topped the list for highest traded shares in terms of total traded value of Taka 1,303.9460 mn followed by POWERGRID (Taka 1,032.2970 mn) and LHBL (Taka 617.5480 mn).
- MITHUNKNIT has topped the list of most % price change with 9.945% price increase followed by PADMALIFE (9.915%), SBACBANK (9.845%) price increases.
- The market capitalization of the Dhaka bourse has stood at the historically highest level of BDT 5,563.70 bn.
- Extended credit facilities till 8,000-mark of DSEX kept investors buoyant on sector-wise selective issues while regulatory approval to the board of capital market stabilization fund has made investors confident on the trading floor.
- Investors’ participation was agile on the capital market.
That’s all from today’s market. See you on the next day.
Till then Good Bye. Thank You.