- Welcome to the first working day of the 2nd week during this phase of nationwide strict lockdown, trading at Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) has began today on Monday July 12, 2021.
- Today trading started at DSE with a negative movement from the very beginning with a sharp fall.
- At DSE, trading has been started with a new trading time frame of 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (with 9:45 AM – 10:00 AM as Pre-Opening session and 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM as Post Closing session) in relation with the extended time of operation for Banks declared by Bangladesh Bank.
Highest number of Covid-19 cases reported in the last 24 hours until 8am., Bangladesh today witnessed an overwhelming surge in daily infections of Covid-19 as 13,768 people tested positive for the virus along with 220 people have died from Covid-19 within this 24 hours. This was the first time that the country has reported over 13,000 single day infections, according to the Covid-19 bulletin issued by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS. The current positivity rate is 31.24 percent while the total positivity rate stands at 14.75 percent.
The impact of COVID-19 tally is clearly visible on the trading movement on the capital market.
- It is 10.27 AM. DSE has seen a sharp fall so far to go RED from today’s beginning as DSEX has fall below 6200 points and currently at 6196.77 points.
- From 10:28 AM, The market has started to bounce back strongly and kept rising for around next 30 minutes to cross 6200 points.
- By 11:02 AM, DSEX is now at 6225.96 points.
- Market again started to fall again from 11:03 AM for the next 30 minutes as DSEX stood at 6208.99 points by 11:30 AM.
- After 11:30 AMK, market has again bounced back and reached to 6225.27 points by 12:14 PM.
- But market has experienced a sidewise downtrend since 12:!5 PM till the end of today’s trading with a brief from 1:22 PM to 1:37 PM as DSEX fall to 6201.11 points by then.
- Now 2:15 PM, after Post-Closing session, at the end of today’s (Monday, July 12, 2021) trading, Dhaka Stock Exchange dropped as a section of investors continued taking profits after the recent surge in share prices while the key index DSEX, stood marginally lower by -0.07047% or -4.37783 points, to close at 6208.39208 points.
- At the end of today’s trading, Market Turnover has risen after continuous fall for last few days and closed within Taka 1,500-1,600 crore ranges (TK. 15,992.194 mn). It has increased by over Taka 107 crore (Tk. 1,073.089 mn), +7.19272% from previous day’s turnover of Tk. 14,919.105 15 mn.
- Today a total of 372 company’s shares were traded. Among which prices have increased for 159 companies, prices have decreased for 186 companies and 27 companies have seen its prices remained unchanged.
- Highly noticeable was today for the price movement of newly listed Sonali Life Insurance. Share Price for this company absurdly soared by 440.6% and its market cap stood at BDT 760mn within the single trading day as there was no price limit on the trading of the company’s shares today following its corporate declaration.
- Besides, due to the continuous rise for several months, the hyped-up general insurance sector is experiencing consecutive corrections. However, the possibility of a relaxed lockdown ahead of Eid vacation can impact the market momentum positively.
- Today’s SECTORwise trading at DSE have seen TEXTILE sector to be at top with over 15% of today’s market share followed by Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals sector.
- BEXIMCO (Bangladesh Export Import Company Ltd.) has again topped the list for highest traded shares in terms of total traded value of Tk. 1,209.9460 mn.
- SONALILIFE (Sonali Life Insurance Company Limited) have seen 440.625% price hike today to close at Taka 86.5 per share which was only Taka 16 yesterday for the same.
That’s all from today’s market. See you on the next day.
Till then Good Bye. Thank You.